The Smithtown Library is excited to announce our new Local Author Collection. We invite authors who reside in, work in or have originated from the Town of Smithtown to donate one copy of their published book(s) to be included in our collection.
- The Local Author Collection will be shelved alphabetically by author keeping the focus where it belongs - on the author. The Local Author Collection will be housed in the Nesconset Building.
- Books included in our Local Author Collection will be accessible through the library catalog, searchable by both title and author.
- All titles added to the Local Author Collection will remain in the collection for as long as space permits and depending on circulation.
- All titles donated are done so with the understanding that they will be included in the adult collection.
- Authors represented in the collection are encouraged to provide a brief biography (no more than 200 words) to introduce themselves to the community.
- Authors who wish to be included in the collection must complete a required submission form and return it with your donated book to any of our Library Buildings.
For more information, please contact the Reference Desk at (631) 360-2480.