The Library has the following items and devices for loan:
Automatic Photo to USB Scanner
Cassette to MP3 Converter
HI8/8mm Tape Converter
Movie Projector with built in DVD Player
Ninetendo Entertainment System NES Classic
Rapid Feed Slide/Negative Converter
Sega Genesis Flashback
Super8/8mm Digital Converter
VHS to DVD Conversion Kit
VHS-C Cassette Adapter
*The Library also loans Mobile Hotspots. These can be checked out at the Circulation Desk at any building. If you are a Smithtown Library cardholder, you also may place a reserve on the Mobile Hotspots.
Library of Things Procedure
2. Items and devices are available for checkout to Suffolk County adult library cardholders in good standing.
3. Items and devices have varying loan periods. To determine the loan period look at the item description. Fines and replacement charges vary for each item and you are responsible for lost or damaged items and devices that you borrow.
5. Fines and replacement charges vary for each item and you are responsible for lost or damaged items and devices that you borrow.
9. You may view your reservations and make changes online at on our Library of Things page. As a courtesy to others, please cancel any reservation you will not be using as soon as possible.
10. The Library reserves the right to review and amend these guidelines as it becomes necessary.
11. The borrower must sign the Digital Device/Equipment Borrowing Terms and Conditions when picking an item up.
By clicking the check mark below, I attest that I am 18 years of age and I agree to the following statements:
I have read the rules for borrowing from The Smithtown Library - Library of Things and understand the rules stated above.
For more information call the Reference Department at any building at (631) 360-2480.