If a resident is registered to vote but will be out of town on the day of the vote because of their occupation, business, vacation or studies, they can complete an absentee ballot application and vote absentee. These applications are available at the Reference desks at all four of our Library buildings.
The Smithtown Library has its own absentee voter application; we do not accept the Suffolk County Board of Elections absentee form.
We will not accept reproductions or copies of the absentee ballot applications.
You must indicate on the application whether you would like to receive your ballot in person, designate someone to pick it up for you, or have your ballot mailed.
Absentee applications returned by mail to the Community Relations Department at the Nesconset Branch must be postmarked no later than the seventh day before the vote (October 7th).
If it is AFTER October 7th, applications MUST be hand delivered to the Nesconset Branch, Community Relations Department, between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and will be accepted up to and including 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 10, 2014 (the last business day before the vote).
No absentee ballots will be given out after 5:00 pm on Friday, Oct. 10.
Once the official ballots are ready, all applicants will receive their ballot as indicated on the application. The deadline for all ballots to be returned is 5:00 p.m. on the day of the election.
- Reside in zip code 11725
- Reside in zip code 11788 and live SOUTH of Veterans Memorial Highway
- Reside in zip code 11787 and live WEST of Blydenburgh County Park, Caleb Smith State Park and Plymouth Boulevard
- Reside in zip code 11754 and 11768
- Resided in zip code 11787 and live NORTH of Route 25, Old Northport Road and Landing Road, WEST of Route 25A (St. Johnland Road) and EAST of Plymouth Boulevard
- Reside in zip code 11767 (Please note: those homeowners who reside in the Sachem School and Library District CANNOT vote in this election)
- Reside SOUTH of Route 25 from the Smithtown-Brookhaven Border to Southern Bouelvard
- Reside EAST of Southern Boulevard from Route 25 to Route 347-Nesconset Highway
- Reside SOUTH of Route 347-Nesconset Highway from Southern Boulevard to the Smithtown Greenbelt Town Park
- Reside EAST of the Smithtown Greenbelt Town Park from Route 347-Nesconset Highway to the Smithtown-Islip border
- Reside in zip code 11780 (Please note: those homeowners who reside in the Three Village Library District-Emma S. Clark Memorial Library CANNOT vote in this election)
- Reside in zip code 11788 and live SOUTH of Route 347-Nesconset Highway
- Reside in zip code 11787 and live EAST of Blydenburgh County Park, Caleb Smith State Park and Route 25A (St. Johnland Road) and SOUTH of Landing Road